Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Urgent help to relieve the Itchiness, please.

This is not itchy categorised under “gatal mengenyam” tu, bukan..... Start my pregnancy masuk 9th months, saya mengalami kegatalan di tummy yang dah tak tertanggung rasanya. Bila mengadu, standard answer,
                “skin nak mengembang”. Standard.

Then, they give standard advise,
“pakai lotion tu & ini”
“nanti stretch mark”
“jangan rub, nanti ada kesan”. Standard.

Jawapan standard yang paling tak dapat diterima,
                “Biasala tu..pregnant”. Standard!
               
Ok, thanks for the advice. Seriously, gatal2 macam ni bukan perkara biasa. Tak tercapai akalku kalau orang minta describe macam mana rasa gatalnya.

For the time being, I still stick to use ‘Pureen-Strecth Mark Lotion”. 1 of my FB friends’ suggests this to me. Thanks dear. Mula2 guna, bukan sebab nak hilangkan itchiness, tapi sebab takut stretch mark. Truly, this product serves me well. Until now, thanks a lot, I don’t have that (but, don’t know after giving birth, as people said, it’ll come out when you getting slimmer not fatter-i have limited knowledge about stretch mark, will do research later). Let’s check the function:

Ok, as what provided at the back of the bottle, it does helps to relieve itchiness as it contains Almond Oil. You can visit Pureen Website, where you can find more information about their products & also coming soon promotion. & don’t forget to tick your calendar ok....

As I go through the internet to find out more on other products, I found out something that is more important & very useful, which I never think of it & nobody give me this answer – it is Cholestasis. (Guys, this is not a standard answer). It is a common liver disease that only happens in pregnancy that will cure after giving birth. Herewith, the summarization which related closely to my condition now:

1) Introduction - Experience a very severe itching in late pregnancy (common in the last trimester) when hormones are at their peak, but usually goes away within a few days after delivery. (Too late to wait after delivery, better safe than sorry guys!) But, don’t be afraid. Research says, it’s more common in Swedish & Chilean ethnic group. (hehe..tak sebut pulak Javanese common ke tak)
2) Symptoms (part of it) - Itching, particularly on the hands and feet
- Fatigue or exhaustion (saya selalu rasa sleepy lately, if you all perasan I always put my FB status with ‘mengantuk’.
- Loss of appetite (sometimes)
3) Who at risk? 1 or 2 pregnancies in 1000, however, my conditions not included in the higher risk.
4) How it is diagnosed? By complete medical history, physical examination, & blood tests that evaluate liver function, bile acids, & bilirubin.
I’m not so certain what are the tests that i’ve been go through on my earlier check up, will check with my doctor on my next check up tomorrow.
5) Affects to baby if mother diagnosed with Cholestasis? Increase the risks for fetal distress, preterm birth, or stillbirth. A developing baby relies on the mother’s liver to remove bile acids from the blood; therefore, the elevated levels of maternal bile cause stress on the baby’s liver. Women with cholestasis should be monitored closely and serious consideration should be given to inducing labor once the baby’s lungs have reached maturity. TAKE NOTE! Inducing labor?
6) Treatment? 1 of it is “Cold baths & ice water-slow down the flow of blood in the body by decreasing it’s temperature”, which these few days I use lukewarm water add with dettol liquid for bath. I’ll stop, but using cold water will do after get advice from doctor tomorrow. For other treatment, i’m not so familiar with the term, will let doctor to check my condition 1st.
6.1) Criteria for treatment.
6.2) Treatments that should not be used. IMPORTANT!
- Antihistamines? What’s this? Histamine? (kalau tak silap allergic-related to gastric & low blood pressure. Correct me if i’m wrong. Will shout later)
                - Aveeno & Oatmeal Bath (before i found this article, i found 1 comment; suggest to use product contains oatmeal to relieve itchiness. Definitely, i won’t use this until further confirmation from doctor).
7) Chances? It’s debatable. Some sources claim that women who have had cholestasis of pregnancy have up to a 90% chance of having this repeat in future pregnancies. Whether I’m included or not, it depends .

Source taken from below link.

Other articles,

subsequently,

It talks about Obstetric Cholestasis (OC), which i point out those that related closed to me,
- itching on the palm of hands & soles of feet.
- itching often worse at night. (new & this happen to me. If can record during my sleeping time, sure i’ll score 0 for not rubbing)
- No rash (new & yes, i have no rash on the tummy, but other skin parts are easily left scars eventhough with slow rub)
- pass dark urine & pale-coloured stools. (Not sure & will check-haishhh 1 kerja la pulak kan, lagi2 dah memboyot ni, mana nak nampak? Check stools? Hadoi!)
- More likely to go for premature labor & have labor induced. Your doctor may advise you to be induced at 38 weeks or 39 weeks, or on your due date if you haven't gone into labour by then. (i’m 37 turn 38 weeks this Friday)
-  Your mum or sister had OC. If yes then you have 12 times the risk of developing OC.
- Jaundiced (so far i don’t get it)
- Wear light, loose cotton clothes (i thought about this, but feel like is it worth the money as less than 3 weeks to go)
- Take cool baths.
- THE BEST - How is OC treated? Only cured by giving birth. (Hopefully)
- What will happen after I've had my baby? Vitamin K is the key point.

Again, this is only summarization that related close to me. I might understand the article wrongly, thus please visit above website for clearer information.

No comments:

Post a Comment