Friday, 4 January 2013

Maklong / Aunty

I got my1st nephew when I was 13 years old. That time, woahhhhh….we were so happy to have him. In fact, he is still our favourite eventhough after that another 5 pop out. (Sorry 5N)

When he was delivered, then we start to use the malay traditional of Mak & Pak title. My 2nd sister is Mak Ngah (now Maknah because we just loved to pronounce in pelat way), 3rd is Mak Lang (sometimes Maklan, also the pelat way), 4th is Makcik, 5th Makteh (it’s me), Makde & the last Peksu. (we use Pek instead of Pak-hehehe). This is following the Melaka tradition.

Asan is the 1st child in his family. His SIL going to give birth this year (pray for her easy delivery), and….I have a problem now. Asan family didn’t use title tradition. So, what I should call myself? Aunty ros? Cik Ros?

Or….if I want to keep the title tradition, I should be called MakLong then. OMG lansung tak match with my personality. I love Makteh.

6 comments:

  1. Aku pon kawin dengan anak sulong. Kalau ikut melayu, kena panggil mak long. Tapi sbb org jawa, jadik acik je. Bila tua sikit tukar jadik wak...haha...tak sesuaiiii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wak yang paling tak sesuai...nak nangis bila dikenang dipanggil wak....huhu

      Delete
  2. Sedarlah diri tu.. wahai makteh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. along...along bestla...dapat title lagi muda di sebelah sana....

      Delete
  3. ohhh..one more.. i have an uncle who is younger than me by 6 years.. still... i call him uncle walaupun kadang2 terlepas jugak panggil nama.

    ReplyDelete