Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Red Velvet for January people

I’m not a food expert. I still not certain I’ll say it is a pavlova when a pavlova were showed to me. (buta makanan dalam bahasa kasarnya) Last time, when “Durian Crepe” was a phenomenon, I thought it was look like a curry puff with durian fill. Seriously, who cares?

Last few weeks, we celebrated 2 persons birthday; Asan on 12th & Kak Ngah on 13th. We decided, we will hold a small party at Alin’s hostel, since that week she cannot go out for outing. (I told you, hostel not fun! “nak celebrate birthday mak sendiri pun tak boleh” was my provocation to them).

Note to Alin: you should thank me with a handbag.

Everyone’s take their own task; Kak Ngah family as the host, so they will provide for the main course. Erin, Achik & Alang responsible to buy the Birthday cake while me to buy the snacks/junkfood & drinks.



That was ordered by the party organizer – Erin. Her last SMS/warning “don’t be late!” that’s specifically address to me, and generally to others. Knowing that we always the last to arrived. Hehe.

But…..that day, we not the last to arrived. Phewww…..

“Erin – eat your own shi* word”

Instead, it was the Wira Team (Erin, Achik & Alang) is the last team to arrived. *ketawa guling-guling sambil tumbuk-tumbuk lantai*

Angah cook a very delicious food & it’s very appetizing. Ikan Bakar with Kuah Asam & Asam Pedas. I repeat 4 times and proudly announce – I was the last person finishes my food.

It’s cake time. Erin told us, how they bought the cake. How they want to put name for birthday boy & girl, but each letter cost RM1.50. Let’s do the math.

Happy Birthday -> 1 X RM1.50 = RM1.50
Kak Ngah -> 7 X RM1.50 = RM10.50
Abg Teh -> 6 X RM1.50 = RM9

Total = RM21
RM21, we can buy another cake. (Like my mother always say “mahal rantai dari beruk”)

Instead, they just take the 1st letter of them.

Being the jakun, I ask her, what is this cake? A Red Velvet she said. It is the same cake as her engagement day.

So, during her engagement, the engagement cake was a Red Velvet.

So, what Red Velvet made from? Red chocolate.

So red velvet is a chocolate cake? No!!!!!

So?????

You know how Itik & Ayam communicate to each other right? Quack quack replied with kok kok kokkkkkkk.....

They never know what other party is talking about.

So I google about the recipe. The main ingredients is cocoa powder and also got pewarna merah to be added in. That’s random search.

So, I try to bake a Red Velvet. I know I can do it. The result --------->

See....cantik kan?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

ha ha ha ha ha ha.....ok, I lied. The picture was the Red Velvet that Erin bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment