Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Kurung Modern turn to Dress

So, this would be what number of my sewing project? I lost count already.

But, never mind, so herewith the “draft” of that outfit. This is when I just finish the back zip and neck.


And this when I finish attached 1 of the hand.


It’s not difficult to ask her to pose, we’ve train her well how to act in front of the camera. Bahahahaha.
  
 And this…….is when both hands are attached.



Almost a mini kurung modern already, but, sadly to say, this has to be thrown away. It cannot fit Adelea at buttock part. I was very sure the size of top & bottom of a kid, would be the same and I was also very sure, by wider the size by 1”, it should fit her perfectly. But noooo…..was thinking like a pro, but actually am not. But never mind, there always rooms to try and try and try and try again.

Why is it this time I want to sew Adelea Raya outfit?

This is because I really want both of us wear a matching outfit during Hari Raya. The tailor that I sent my Raya outfit has stopped taking the booking for kids outfit. So I decided, instead of I sent to another unknown tailor, I’ll sew it myself. I was so determined but inside my heart, I still have this “can I?????”

So now, the balance of that fabric not enough to make a Kurung Modern, so I change my mind, I’ll make a dress instead. This time I’ve been really careful; read the instruction 1 by 1 so I’ll not left any part.

It took me 3 nights to finish it; start around 12 a.m and sleep at 2 @ 3 a.m. on the last night I didn’t sleep at all. And left the neck part to be hand-sewed at my hometown. Just hope my siblings don’t think that I use that as an excuse for not helping in the kitchen. Wuuuuuuuuuuuhuuuuu!!!

The result:


I’m more than happy.

1st – my desire to wear matching outfit is fulfilled
2nd – I made the dress myself. It such a big success to me.
3rd- I’m happy because of happy. got it?

No comments:

Post a Comment