Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Shawl for Hari Raya



You must not believe how thin I am right???? right?????
hashtagnofilter.

ok….not talking about body size, but I want to show you the shawl that I made myself for Hari Raya.

 You have to start believe now!!

The material is chiffon, and the cost for a shawl is not really that expensive. I bought the cheapest fabric, because my initial intention is, I just want to try 1st. But when Hari Raya is around the corner, and the fabric is still a fabric, and I don’t have time to search for a good shawl to match with my Raya outfit, I know I still have to sew the shawl and wear it during Hari Raya.

At 1st, I want to make a halfmoon cut shawl. But, it was difficult to sew it, so I cut back the shawl to rectangle size. So you can see the grey/cream is shorter than the green/purple.

After sew these 2 shawls, I realize that it was pretty easy to sew a shawl, I’m thinking to sew more but with more quality fabric. A highly resistant fabric that can last to more than 100 times of washing using washing machine. That is why I don’t really like scarf with awning, because have to hand wash, otherwise the awning will have fracture & your face will look funny when you wear a scarf with a fractured awning. Hehehe.


So I have to forget about buying scarf from Fareeda or Ariani,  eventhough they look so nice & pretty (plus the model is pretty also). But, their after sales-intensive care not matches my lazy character well, ok, so…fine! Shawl until forever.

I’m a bit stingy when it comes to buying a shawl. I have set the price to not more than RM10 for a shawl. The most expensive shawl that I ever bought is RM39, but luckily the material is easy to wear. When halfmoon is in into the market, I almost buy it, but luckily the colour that I want is out-of-stock. The price is RM69 with beaded on the top of the head. Oh my God! It so pretty.

This is my shawl for my akad nikah.


The price is RM100, but I got it for free. Emak bought it for me. That was after I said this is nice and I really want it, then I ask the sales girl for the price, and the sales girl said it is RM100, then I put back the shawl *with the most sad facial expression I could make*, and Emak saw it, and Emak paid for it. hehe. I don’t tell this to Erin, she might do the same. *zipyourmouth*

6 comments:

  1. I bought halfmoon shawl yang kosong at pasar malam for RM12.00. patching lace sendiri. lace cost about 9.90 semeter. guna dalam sejengkal jek. balance tampal kat baju kurung. Dah dapat tudung raya yang cun melecun..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Murahnyeeeee....paling murah akak pernah jumpa x silap rm39.90..still consider mahal tu....

      Delete
  2. awatnye tunjuk dagu je..tunjuklah muka sekali..baru la makin nampak kecantikan shawl akak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe...karang kalau tunjuk muka orang tak nampak pulak shawl tu....bahahahahaha

      Delete
  3. Ros, ko guna mesin jahit apa? Mcm best gak jahit menjahit ni tapi takut hangat2 taik ayam je..hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aku pakai singer...aku memang minat,tapi masa takde.mesin jahit aku tu pun 3 4 bulan jugak rasanya terperam dalam kotak...la ni dah habis raya,elok je berbungkus...tak taulah bila nak start balik...hehehe

      Delete