Sunday, 3 August 2014

Selamat Hari Raya 2014


Selamat Hari Raya everybody!!!
I wish, each and one of you have a blessed and blast holiday with your loved ones, including your new handbag, shoe, shawl/tudung which full of sequins and beads, and the grandest – your Eid outfit; variety of colours, design and fashion. Ermmmm...seems this year of Eid, many chose dark blue for family theme.

Same goes to my family. Our family theme is blue and peach colour. Most of us got the blue colour right, dark or light blue is fine, but, failed at peach colour. Almost all of us grumbled, from the time of buying, how difficult it was to find a good and nice pattern that has both colours. But, none of us say
 “We cannot find peach colour, we go for other similar colour”. No. No one. So, supposedly, blue and peach colour will adorn our family portrait this year. Supposedly, but it’s not.

What appears to be blue and peach colour turns blue and orange colour.

Most of us change the peach to orange and when we say “This is orange colour” they reply “This is not orange colour, this is Peach colour when the Peach has ripened”.

Erkkkkkkk!!!

Some have Peach colour when the Peach is rotten = black.

That’s my beloved family. Ish ish ish ish.
 

This year, we celebrated first with Asan’s family. I decided, at Asan’s site, Adelea and I will wear matching outfit – Pink and Black. But, I don’t manage to finish sewing the outfit. So, I have to buy readymade outfit for both of us. I don’t have any other choice other than Maternity Jubah, and I cannot find a pink kebarung for Adelea...GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! I have to satisfy with a maroon Kurung, which then my FIL said “Go change to other outfit, it’s not beautiful”.

Ha ha ha ha....what an honest opinion, Abah. I do enjoy it. #really
  
Hijab - square bawal from A.J Bawal and all I can say is, the tudung is nice. I certainly will buy moer - during Mega Sale.
But, that’s ok. Alhamdullillah, we still have the chance to wear new outfit peacefully during Hari Raya. Remember the sufferings of our brothers and sisters in gaza. #freepalestine #freegaza

Aidilfitri is not all about new outfit, new handbag, new shoe, new furniture... (I certainly have deviated from the real meaning of Aidilfitri, every year), it’s about victory. The victory that us and other Muslims (who profess Islam) from around the world, successfully fasting for 1 month in the Holy Month of Ramadhan. And fasting is not only holding up yourself from thirst and hunger, it have many benefits and hikmah for those who really understand the real reason why we are required to fast, as enshrined in our Five Pillars of Islam.

Feel free to Google yourself. I’m not explaining more. Tihihihihi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment